AFFIRM™ REFERRAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these Affirm Deposit Account Referral Program Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) carefully.
These Terms describe a contractual relationship between you ("you," "your," “user,” “Referrer” or “Referred User”) and Affirm, Inc. (including its subsidiaries, affiliates, including Affirm Loan Services, LLC, agents, and assigns) ("Affirm," "we," "us," "our"), formerly known as Expedite, Inc. or Expedite Software, regarding your use of or participation in the Affirm Deposit Account Referral Program, and any other services we provide in connection therewith (“Referral Program”). These Terms govern your participation in the Affirm Deposit Account Referral Program. By accessing or participating in the Referral Program, you agree to be bound by these Terms, as well as the Affirm Terms of Service, which are incorporated herein by reference. For the purposes of the Affirm Terms of Service, this Referral Program and related services shall be considered an “Affirm Service,” as that term is defined therein. If there is a conflict between these Terms and your Cross River Bank Deposit Account Agreement or the Affirm Terms of Service, these Terms will not control. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not access or participate in the Referral Program.
1. Referral Program. From time to time, we may offer users of Affirm the opportunity to earn Rewards (defined below) by successfully participating in promotions (each a “Promotion”) offered in connection with our Referral Program. Each Promotion is designed to provide rewards (“Rewards”) to users who are Affirm account holders (“Referrer”) for successfully referring their friends or family members (each a “Referred User”) to one or more Affirm products or services, according to the terms of a Promotion. By participating in a Promotion, Referrer will receive the Reward offered under the Promotion if the Referrer and the Referred User complete the tasks required to earn the Reward, according to the terms of that Promotion, prior to the end date of the Promotion (“Expiration Date”). Some Promotions may also offer the opportunity for the Referred User to earn Rewards. Promotions are offered for a limited time. Promotions may be offered to some, but not all users and prospective users, depending upon the status of the user or prospective user’s Affirm account, Affirm Savings account, geographic location, or for any other reason not prohibited by applicable law. Additional terms, including Expiration Dates and eligibility requirements for any Promotion may apply to each Promotion. The Referral Program and Rewards are provided solely for loyalty, award, and promotional purposes.
2. How to Make a Referral. If you are eligible to participate in a Promotion, Affirm will provide you with a unique personal referral link (“Personal Link”) in your Affirm App. To refer a friend or family member to Affirm, the Referrer must use the Affirm App to send their Personal Link to an eligible Referred User. If a Referred User receives more than one Personal Link, Affirm will provide a Reward to the Referrer whose Personal Link is used by the Referred User to successfully complete the action required by the Promotion to earn the Reward, regardless of when the Personal Links were sent.
3. How to Claim Your Rewards. To earn a Reward, you must be eligible to participate in a Promotion, and you must complete the task(s) required by the Promotion by the applicable Expiration Date. When you earn a Reward, Affirm will credit the amount of the Reward to your Affirm Savings account within 30 days after the Expiration Date. You must have an Affirm Savings account in good standing on the Promotion Expiration Date, and continuously for at least 30 days thereafter, in order to receive and access your Reward. Rewards are subject to verification and will generally be awarded within 30 days of verification. We may require you to provide additional information to verify your eligibility to earn a Reward, and you will not earn the Reward if you do not provide the requested information within the required timeframe. Affirm reserves the right to withhold, delay, invalidate or decline to credit a Reward to your Affirm Savings account for any reason, subject to applicable law.
4. Types of Promotions. We may offer one or more types of Promotions from time to time. These types of Promotions may include, but are not limited to:
a. Savings Promotion. Referrers may have the opportunity to receive a Reward for successfully referring a Referred User to Affirm Savings. Subject to these Terms, eligible Referrers will earn a Reward when an eligible Referred User uses the Referrer’s Personal Link to open an Affirm Savings account, and successfully makes a deposit in their Affirm Savings account by the applicable Promotion Expiration Date. A Referred User may not be a current or former Affirm Savings account holder at the time the Referred User uses a Referrer’s Personal Link to apply for an Affirm Savings account. The amount of the Reward a Referrer may earn may range between $0.00 and $10.00, or such other amount that is disclosed to you with the applicable Promotion, per successful referral.
A Promotion may also provide the opportunity for Referred Users to earn a Reward. To earn a Reward, the Referred User must use the Referrer’s Personal Link to apply for and open an Affirm Savings account, and successfully make a deposit in their Affirm Savings account by the Promotion Expiration Date. The amount of the Reward a Referred User may earn may range between $0.00 and $10.00, or such other amount that is disclosed to you with the applicable Promotion. Referred Users may only earn one Reward for opening an Affirm Savings account.
b. Affirm Loan Transaction Promotion. Referrers may have the opportunity to receive a Reward for successfully referring an eligible Referred User to Affirm loan products and services. Subject to these Terms, eligible Referrers will earn a Reward when an eligible Referred User uses the Referrer’s Personal Link to successfully pay for a purchase of goods and services from a participating merchant using an Affirm loan by the applicable Promotion Expiration Date. A Referred User may not be a current or former Affirm loan user at the time the Referred User uses a Referrer’s Personal Link to apply for an Affirm loan. The amount of the Reward a Referrer may earn may range between $0.00 and $50.00, or such other amount that is disclosed to you with the applicable Promotion, per successful referral. A Referrer may only earn one Reward per Referred User.
A Promotion may also provide the opportunity for a Referred User to earn a Reward. To earn a Reward, the Referred User must use the Referrer’s Personal Link to apply for, qualify for, and successfully use an Affirm loan to pay for a purchase of goods and services from a participating merchant by the Promotion Expiration date. The amount of the Reward a Referred User may earn may range between $0.00 and $50.00, or such other amount that is disclosed to you with the applicable Promotion.
c. Other. Affirm may make other types of Promotions available from time to time.
5. Eligibility. We will determine your eligibility to participate in the Referral Program or any Promotion and earn a Reward in our sole discretion. The opportunity to participate in the Referral Program or any Promotion may not be available to all Referrers, Referred Users, Affirm users or applicants. Depending on the terms of the relevant Promotion, a Referred User may not be eligible to earn a Reward even if the Referrer is eligible to earn a Reward, and vice versa. Affirm Savings accounts are provided by Cross River Bank, Member FDIC, subject to eligibility requirements. Affirm Loans are provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders. Affirm loans are subject to the underwriting and eligibility requirements of those lending partners. You will not earn a Reward if: (a) the Referred User does not use the Referrer’s Personal Link to successfully complete the required tasks for the applicable Promotion, (b) we believe or suspect your use of the Referral Program is suspicious, fraudulent or in violation of these Terms, your Cross River Bank Deposit Account Agreement, any Affirm loan agreement you have, the Affirm Terms of Service, or applicable law; (c) the Referrer or Referred User’s Affirm Savings account is overdrawn, frozen, suspended, restricted, closed or is otherwise in default during their participation in the Referral Program, (d) you have already earned $200through your participation in the Referral Program, or (e) the Referrer or Referred User does not otherwise meet our eligibility criteria. In the case of a Savings Promotion, you are also not eligible to earn a Reward if: (f) the Referred User already has or has ever had an Affirm Savings account (g) the Referred User opens an Affirm Savings account using an email address or telephone number that had been used in connection with another Affirm Savings account, (h) the Referred User is not approved for an Affirm Savings account, (i) the Referred User does not successfully complete the Affirm Savings account opening process, (j) the Referred User does not make their first deposit in their Affirm Savings Account by the Promotion Expiration Date, or (k) such deposit is reversed, rejected, or returned for any reason. In the case of an Affirm Loan Transaction Promotion, you are also not eligible to earn a Reward if: (l) the Referred User already has or has ever had an Affirm loan; (m) the Referred User is not eligible for or is not approved for the Affirm loan they apply for using the Personal Link; (n) the Referred User applies for an Affirm loan using the Personal Link using an email address or telephone number that had been used in connection with another Affirm loan, (o) the Referred User does not successfully complete the transaction they apply for using the Personal Link; (p) the Referred User has an Affirm loan that is not in good standing at the time of the Promotion Expiration Date or any time during the subsequent 30 days.
6. Rewards. Rewards are issued for promotional purposes only. You may not use your rewards for a business or commercial purpose. Until Affirm credits any Reward you earn into your Affirm Savings account, and those funds become available in your Affirm Savings account: (a) Rewards have no cash value; (b) Rewards are not your property; (c) you can’t transfer Rewards to any other person; and (d) Rewards can’t be transferred by operation of law, such as by inheritance, bankruptcy, or in connection with a divorce.
7. Amendments, Restrictions, Termination. We may add to, terminate, and/or change the Referral Program or a Promotion at any time with or without notice to you. For example, we could change the amount of Rewards you can earn for making a referral or opening an Affirm Savings account, impose caps on earning and/or using Rewards, change the eligibility requirements for the Referral Program, place restrictions on or terminate your ability to earn or Rewards, terminate your participation in the Referral Program, or terminate all or parts of the Referral Program. We may not notify you of such changes unless required by applicable law. You acknowledge that in the event we make these changes, you may no longer be able to earn Rewards. Rewards may not be earned in combination with any other monetary offer, award, or promotion.
We have the right to terminate or restrict your participation in the Referral Program. We may revoke the Rewards issued to you under the Referral Program, and you authorize us to debit the equivalent cash value of the Rewards from your Affirm Savings account, if we determine, in our sole discretion, that (a) you were not eligible to receive the Rewards, (b) you engage in abuse, misuse, or fraud in connection with the Referral Program, (c) you engage in spamming, harassment, unsolicited communication or other unfair or otherwise unwarranted or inappropriate treatment of potential Referred Users; (d) you create fake accounts to generate Rewards or otherwise participate in the Referral Program or (e) you otherwise use the Referral Program in violation of these Terms, your Cross River Bank Deposit Account Agreement, the Affirm Terms of Service, or applicable law.
8. Fees, Taxes. We do not charge a fee to participate in the Referral Program. Your mobile or internet carrier may charge message and data rates when you use your internet or mobile device to access or participate in the Referral Program. You are liable for any federal, state, or local taxes as a result of earning rewards and remitting any applicable taxes to the appropriate tax authority. Consult your tax advisor for additional information.
9. Indemnification and Liability Release. You agree to indemnify Affirm and its shareholders, affiliates, subsidiaries, bank partners, agents, service providers, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, and service providers (“Indemnified Parties”) for all claims, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, penalties, costs or expenses, (“Losses”) caused by, arising out of, in connection with, or related to your or their participation in the Referral Program and any related services made available to you by Affirm. Except where prohibited by law, you also agree to release and hold harmless the Indemnified Parties from any and all Losses caused by, arising out of, in connection with, or related to your or their participation in the Referral Program and any related services made available to you by Affirm.
Except where prohibited by law, the Indemnified Parties shall not be liable for: (a) late, lost, delayed, stolen, or misdirected Rewards, (b) incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unintelligible, lost, or misdirected communications, (c) malfunction, failure, or unauthorized access of any communication system, software, or hardware used to provide the Referral Program, (d) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a Reward, or from participation in the Referral Program, or (e) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any websites or materials associated with the Referral Program. Affirm disclaims any liability for damage to any system, software, or device resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Referral Program. As a condition of entering the Program, and unless prohibited by law, you agree that under no circumstances will you be entitled to any awards for any losses or damages, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential and any other damages, and waive any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. A waiver of rights may not apply to you in your jurisdiction of residence. Additional rights may be available to you.
11. Communications. You agree that we may communicate with you about this Referral Program, using electronic means or otherwise, at the contact information we have on file for you.
12. Disclaimer. THE REFERRAL PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF NON INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Please contact the Affirm Team at affirm.com/help.